Technical Product Owner
May 27, 2022
- Job Title: Technical Product Owner
- Reports To: Co-Heads, Trew Knowledge
- Type: Full-Time
- Location: Toronto, ON (currently remote)
- Starts: ASAP
- Salary: Competitive based on experience
Trew Knowledge is a fast-paced and rapidly growing digital marketing agency focused on delivering world-class, innovative solutions for some of the world’s largest Brands. We specialize in Big Websites, WordPress, eCommerce, digital strategy, User Experience (UX), User Interface (UI) design and SAP Customer Data Cloud (CDC) Identity Management Solutions.
As a Technical Product Owner, you are comfortable developing ideas into tangible products for customers using WordPress, and a suite of other technology platforms.
You have a strong understanding of WordPress fundamentals, coding standards, and take security very seriously. You are naturally efficient in overcommunicate when managing and serving client interests, where you are effectively a self-managed individual and can operate fully remotely, or in a team environment.
You are comfortable working with high-traffic sites where performance is a top priority and bring a balance of deep web product, design and technical understanding to your deliveries. Most importantly, you are driven to hone your craft through a passion for technology and are active in the WordPress community.
- Work closely and assist Senior Developers on various project requirement to outline technical scope and end-to-end delivery of projects
- Understand the WordPress business, market, and user needs for client products
- Create definition and alignment of product strategy
- Represent and advocate for the product vision, customer, and users
- Collaborate with visual and user experience designers on wireframes, interactive prototypes, and production-ready web experiences to provide product guidance & technical strategy
- Evaluate design deliverables for build feasibility and provide constructive feedback to internal, client-side, and third-party designers, user experience designers, and project managers.
- Clearly translate the product vision, all business and technical requirements, and user needs into epics and user stories with acceptance criteria, for intended solution design
- Lead epics, user stories and backlog development, ensuring tasks are well groomed, maintained, and prioritized
- Advocate for priorities in product development roadmaps, and answer questions pertaining to priorities and product definition
- Facilitate agile methodologies in backlog grooming, sprint planning, and sprint review meetings
- When possible, develop and support the implementation of larger strategic goals that enhance the value of Trew Knowledge’s involvement in the project
Cross Functional Relationships
- Works in close collaboration with the Senior Management Team (SMT) and help Trew Knowledge achieve its full potential
- Participates in Client Sessions, Business Requirements Sessions, Daily stand-ups, and Town Halls
- Contribute to the continuous improvement of processes, workflows and efficiencies of Trew Knowledge
Knowledge and Skills
- Post-secondary degree is an asset or five to eight years of experience in the field of product development, WordPress and technology
- Maintain detailed understanding of modern web technologies, tools, methods and best practices
- Proficient in digital application and website technology such as WordPress, Headless, Mobile application solutions
- Proficient knowledge and understanding of digital security standards
- Proficient knowledge and understanding in information technology platforms and integrated systems
- Proven ability in the development and maintenance of effective client relationships and commitment to strong customer service.
- Good research and problem-solving skills
- Creative and innovative thinker with advanced verbal and written communication and strong impact and influence skills.
- Personable and able to work in a team environment, adaptable and with an ability to work well under pressure.
- Proven ability to meet deadlines
- The role operates within a dynamic office environment. On occasion, there may be a requirement to work beyond normal working hours in order to meet project deadlines and/or client deliverables.
- Remote Work from Home (WFH) option available.
- Working within a Global environment means sometimes time zones can extend a normal workday.
- Full benefits available
Pay and Benefits
- Competitive Salary based on experience
- Bonus pay
- Extended health care
- Extended vacation paid time off
- Work From Home (WFH) allowance
- Education benefit allowance