Senior Project Manager
October 29, 2022
Job Title: Senior Project Manager
Reports To: Co-Heads, Trew Knowledge
Location: Toronto, ON (currently remote)
Starts: Jan 2023
Salary: Competitive based on experience + Bonus
Trew Knowledge is a fast-paced and rapidly growing digital marketing agency focused on delivering world-class, innovative solutions for some of the world’s largest Brands. We specialize in WordPress, digital strategy, User Experience (UX) and User Interface (UI) design.
The Project Manager is accountable for end-to-end management of client projects using standard project management methodology and tools. The projects are considered complex with multiple and inter-related deliverables requiring strong leadership and coordination. The role works in close partnership with the Director, Project Management Office, design and development teams, and other team members when defining scope, budgets, resources, timelines and deliverables for a wide range of client projects.
- Work with the client, partners, and the PMO to set project goals, confirm and negotiate resource assignment according to current business priorities
- Apply project management principles, processes and tools to ensure all phases of the project is conducted in a consistent manner and completed on schedule, within budget, and with quality
- Prepare and managed detailed project plans for assigned projects and obtain PMO/Senior Management’s approval on any modifications to approved project plans, including actions required for problem resolution and/or mitigation of risks
- Communicate project plan to team members, assign responsibilities, set expectations, and motivate team members towards achieving project milestones, deliverables and timeframes
- Monitor project team’s deliverables for scope, quality and timeliness, and if necessary, reassign project priorities to maintain project schedule
- Co-ordinate SPRINT items, prepares and leads SCRUM sessions with project stakeholders and other team members to ensure timely delivery of project milestones
- Prepare monthly reports on projects’ completion, financial forecasts, and overall project health and performance, review status with PMO and senior management as necessary
- Incorporate project management standards in day-to-day business processes to support continuous improvement efforts and increase operational efficiency
- Play a leadership role when identifying/addressing root cause of operational issues, contribute to team development as it relates to project management capability
- Work in close collaboration with the Director, Project Management Office and senior management throughout the project life cycle
- Lead SCRUM sessions and Project Status meetings for assigned projects with project stakeholders and other team members
- Regular contact and collaboration with members of the Web-Site development teams assigned to the specific project
Knowledge and Skills
- A post-secondary degree or diploma in Computer Science or equivalent with minimum 5 years of project management experience in a Web/Software development
- In-depth knowledge of project management principles, practices and procedures, preferably with a Project Management (PMP) accreditation and/or Scrum Master certificate
- Previous experience as a Senior Web/Software developer, systems analyst and/or business analyst in a medium to large organization is beneficial
- Experience with Project Management tools such as Microsoft Project (or similar), and related project management tools
- Highly developed influential skills sufficient to resolve differences of opinion or approach, negotiate deliverables and maintain project schedules
- Strong leadership skills with an ability to achieve results through partnering and collaboration with other team members
- Strong organization and time management skills to ensure projects are executed as per the plan and in a timely and efficient manner
- Strong coaching skills to encourage, motivate and guide team members in learning effective project delivery methodology and techniques
- The role operates within a dynamic office environment. On occasion, there may be a requirement to work beyond normal working hours in order to meet project deadlines and/or client deliverables.
- Remote Work from Home (WFH) option available.
- Working within a Global environment means sometimes time zones can extend a normal workday.