Program Delivery Manager
November 9, 2022
Position Title: Program Deliery Manager
Reports To: Co-Head, Executive Lead
Location: Toronto, Ontario
Estimated Start Date: Jan 2023
Compensation: Full-time competitive salary based on experience
Trew Knowledge is a fast-paced and rapidly growing digital marketing agency focused on delivering world-class, innovative solutions for some of the world’s largest Brands. We specialize in WordPress, digital strategy, User Experience (UX) and User Interface (UI) design.
The Program Delivery Manager is accountable for the management and delivery of large scale, complex client projects and programs using standard project management and agile methodologies. The role works in close collaboration with product owners, development teams and service delivery team to define project scope, set deadlines, allocate resources and monitor progress against project deliverables. The role is also accountable for ensuring appropriate project governance, standards and best practices are applied throughout the project life cycle. Other accountabilities include regular reporting to senior management on overall project status, performance and risks.
- Work in close collaboration with project teams and other stakeholders to identify and define project and program scope, milestones, critical success factors, and resource requirements.
- Prepare detailed project plans and obtain approval from senior management on any modifications to approved plans, including actions that may be required to address critical project issues or risk.
- Deliver projects according to plan using waterfall and/or agile methodology, ensuring consistent application of project/program management best practices throughout the project life-cycle.
- Work closely with product owners and development teams to communicate project plan, set expectations, drive deliverables, and optimize delivery methods.
- Monitor team’s progress against plans, project milestones and deliverables, assess performance to meet quality expectations, adjust and reassign priorities as required to deliver on the plan.
- Prepare and deliver regular project status reports to Senior Management in a timely manner, with clear progress updates and transparency of overall project health and performance.
- Participate and/or lead SCRUM sessions with project stakeholders and other team members as required to ensure rapid and timely delivery of project milestones.
- Drive the team to successful project completion by acting as a conduit between senior management, development, and delivery teams and by effectively managing all phases of the project cycle.
- Play a leadership role when identifying/addressing root cause of delivery or operational issues, contribute to team development as it relates to project delivery management and capability.
- Works in close collaboration with senior management, members of the development team, clients and other stakeholders throughout the project life cycle.
- Works cross-functionally with other teams when leading SCRUM sessions and communicating project status to stakeholders and other team members.
Knowledge and Skills
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Commerce or equivalent with 5 – 7 years of project management/program management, preferably in a Web/Software development
- PMP certification (or equivalent). SCRUM or equivalent Agile methodology certification is an asset
- Previous experience as a Senior Web/Software developer, Systems Analyst, or Senior Business Analyst in a medium to large organization is beneficial
- Proven track record in exceptional planning, forecasting, and project delivery management and associated methods, process and tools
- Highly developed communication and influence skills sufficient to drive achievement of project objectives, resolve issues, negotiate deliverables and maintain project schedules
- Strong leadership skills and ability to achieve results through partnering and collaboration with other team members
- Strong organization and time management skills to ensure projects are executed as per the plan and delivered on time
- Strong coaching skills to encourage, motivate and guide team members in learning effective project delivery methodology and techniques
- The role operates within a dynamic office environment. On occasion, there may be a requirement to work beyond normal working hours in order to meet project deadlines and/or client deliverables.
- Remote Work from Home (WFH) option available.
- Working within a Global environment means sometimes time zones can extend a normal workday.