Manager, Sales & Marketing
January 21, 2022
|Job Title||Manager, Sales & Marketing||Closing Date||March 31st, 2022|
|Reports To||Co-Heads, Trew Knowledge||Type||Full Time|
|Location||Toronto, Ontario||Salary||Competitive + Commission|
Trew Knowledge is a fast-paced and rapidly growing digital marketing agency focused on delivering world-class, innovative solutions for some of the world’s largest Brands. We specialize in WordPress, digital strategy, User Experience (UX) and User Interface (UI) design
The Manager, Sales and Marketing is accountable for the development and implementation of the sales and marketing strategies in alignment with organizational goals and objectives. The role works in close collaboration with the leadership team to develop and promote a compelling value proposition and brand that will meet client expectations and ensure long term success and sustainability for Trew Knowledge.
- Develop the annual marketing and sales plan in alignment with the overall strategy, oversee the operation of the day-to-day tactical plans to ensure successful execution of the sales strategies; identify opportunities for upselling throughout the process.
- Optimize sales performance through targeted sales activities, monitor and compare sales results to established goals and adjust as necessary to drive revenue.
- Assess the impact of marketing and sales activities and perform various measurements that provide insight into the effectiveness of marketing return on investment (ROI) to improve marketing and sales efforts in order to better engage with prospective clients.
- Work in close partnership with senior leadership team to evaluate and continuously review the strategy and plans and identify prospective new clients/accounts.
- Research and analyze market trends, demographics, pricing schedules, competitor products and services, and other relevant information to inform marketing and sales strategies.
- Build a pipeline of prospects using Client Relationship Management (CRM) and various web-based tools; work with senior leadership team to prioritize lead activity and identify opportunities that will optimize sales and generate interest in Trew Knowledge.
- Manage and support contract renewals with existing clients and convert prospective clients into long term subscribers.
- Assist in the preparation of Requests for Proposals (RFPs) and responses to prospective clients, provide subject expertise to interested clients as required during important sales meetings.
- Approve the creative development of promotional materials, website content, advertisements, and other marketing-related materials.
- Track financial costs related to advertising campaigns, marketing budgets and other costs by allotting funds to the necessary items and staying aware of hidden or unforeseen costs.
- Oversee social media accounts and websites to ensure all social media channels are accounted for, that content is regularly posted and that engagement rates are maintained.
- Works in close collaboration with the Senior Management Team (SMT) to develop the marketing and sales strategy and plans and discuss client projects, team priorities.
- Works in close collaboration with sales and development teams to ensure the execution of marketing and sales plans are meeting overall company goals and objectives.
Knowledge and Skills
- Bachelor’s Degree in Marketing, Business Administration or a related field with five to eight years of experience in the field of marketing, sales or public relations.
- Proficient in digital application and website technology such as WordPress, Headless, Mobile application solutions
- Proficient knowledge and understanding of digital security standards
- Proficient knowledge and understanding in information technology platforms and integrated systems
- Proficient in the development of marketing and sales strategies and their application to media channels, client engagement, and business growth and revenue generation.
- Knowledge of sales management tools and techniques and sales lifecycle including prospecting, need identification, negotiation, upselling and cross-selling.
- Ability to forecast sales goals based on analytics and understanding of the company’s overall goals and objectives.
- Proven ability in the development and maintenance of effective client relationships and commitment to strong customer service.
- Good research and problem-solving skills and ability to interpret and analyze data in order to inform the development of effective marketing strategies.
- Creative and innovative thinker with advanced verbal and written communication and strong impact and influence skills.
- Personable and able to work in a team environment, adaptable and with an ability to work well under pressure.
- The role operates within a dynamic office environment. On occasion, there may be a requirement to work beyond normal working hours in order to meet project deadlines and/or client deliverables.
- Remote Work from Home (WFH) option available.
- Working within a Global environment means sometimes time zones can extend a normal workday.
- Full benefits available