Human Resources Manager
October 20, 2022
Job Title: Human Resources Manager
Reports To: Co-Heads, Trew Knowledge
Location: Toronto, ON (currently remote)
Salary: Competitive based on experience
Trew Knowledge is a fast-paced and rapidly growing digital marketing agency focused on delivering world-class, innovative solutions for some of the world’s largest Brands. We specialize in WordPress, digital strategy, User Experience (UX) and User Interface (UI) design.
The Human Resource Manager is accountable for leading and managing the company’s Human Resources function. Key areas of accountability include the development and delivery of HR policies and practices, the hiring and onboarding of staff, the administrating of pay, benefits, and leaves and other HR related activities. The role will also support initiatives related to the overall effectiveness and management of business operations.
- Provide leadership and overall direction on the development, management and delivery of Human Resource policies, programs and services that drive business results.
- Partner with the leadership team to develop the organization’s human resource and talent strategy, particularly as it relates to current and future needs.
- Manage the talent acquisition process, including recruitment, interviewing, and hiring of qualified job applicants; collaborate with managers to understand skills and competencies required.
- Develop and implement a performance management program that will drive continuous growth and performance of the company employees and the business.
- Analyze trends in compensation and benefits; research and propose competitive base and incentive pay programs to ensure the organization attracts and retains top talent.
- Manage the employee life cycle including onboarding, performance management, learning and development and employee engagement initiatives.
- Provide expert advice on the management of complex and sensitive employee relations and workplace issues; guide management on the effective handling of employee issues or concerns.
- Provide technical expertise on all HR and payroll operational activities, deliver timely, accurate and efficient services to employees in alignment with applicable policies and practices.
- Respond to inquiries from management and employees; escalate and resolve any critical HR, employee issues or concerns in partnership with executive leadership.
- Maintain compliance with federal and provincial employment laws and regulations, and recommended best practices; reviews policies and practices to maintain compliance.
- Maintain knowledge of trends, best practices, regulatory changes in human resources, talent management, and employment law.
- As a key member of the leadership team, lead and manage projects related to the effective operation of the business, including continuous improvement initiatives.
- The role partners with senior leadership and management to ensure HR and Talent strategy, programs and services meet HR and business requirements.
Knowledge and Skills
- Bachelor degree in Human Resources, Business Administration, or related field required.
- A minimum of three years of human resource management experience preferred.
- HR designation with an HR Professional Association (i.e. HRPA) is highly desired.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Excellent interpersonal, negotiation, and conflict resolution skills.
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Ability to act with integrity, professionalism, and confidentiality.
- Thorough knowledge of employment-related laws and regulations.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite or related software.
- The role operates within a dynamic office environment. On occasion, there may be a requirement to work beyond normal working hours in order to meet project deadlines and/or client deliverables.
- Remote Work from Home (WFH) option available.
- Working within a Global environment means sometimes time zones can extend a normal workday.