Position Title: Senior WordPress Developer
Type: Full-Time Employee
Location: Toronto, Ontario
Estimated Start Date: May 2019
Compensation: Full-time competitive salary based on experience
Trew Knowledge is a fast-paced, and rapidly growing digital marketing agency focused on world-class, innovative solutions for some of the world’s largest Brands. We specialize in WordPress and WordPress VIP development, digital strategy, UX/UI design.
As a Senior WordPress developer, you are comfortable creating custom themes and plugins. You have a strong understanding of PHP and take security very seriously. You are comfortable working with high-traffic sites and performance is a top priority. You know how to write reusable code and work well with other developers.
- Collaborate with the development team on various projects
- Build custom WordPress themes and plugins based on supplied designs or front-end templates
- Write clean and organized code that can be shared and collaborated on with other team members
- Run security audits and perform code reviews
- Evaluate WordPress sites for performance enhancements
- Run QA and UAT testing
- Assist with data migration and site launches
- Be involved in sprint planning and scoping project requirements
KNOWLEDGE & SKILL REQUIREMENTS
- Experience developing custom WordPress themes and plugins
- Vast knowledge of PHP and MySQL
- Package manager and automation tool experience. Eg. npm & gulp.
- Demonstrated understanding of Responsive Web Design principles.
- Experience working with various REST APIs
- Experience working with version control systems such as GitHub and/or SVN
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Excellent problem solving and organization skills.
- Proven ability to meet deadlines.
- The role works within a dynamic office environment focused on the delivery of client projects in downtown Toronto
- Full-time hours with flexible Holidays
- Benefits package
Job Type: Full-time
- WordPress: 5 years (Preferred)