Position Title: Intermediate Web Developer
Reports to: Senior Developer
Type: Full-Time Employee
Location: Toronto, Ontario
Estimated Start Date: December 2018
Compensation: Full-time competitive salary based on experience
Trew Knowledge is a fast-paced, and rapidly growing digital marketing agency focused on world-class, innovative solutions for some of the world’s largest Brands. We specialize in WordPress and WordPress VIP development, digital strategy, UX/UI design.
The Intermediate Web Developer will have extensive experience developing with front-end and back-end technologies and will have significant experience working with WordPress, building responsive website, plugins, and applications.
- Collaborate with the development team on various projects
- Build custom WordPress themes and plugins based on supplied designs or front-end templates
- Build front-end responsive templates using Foundation
- Build custom responsive e-newsletter templates
- Write clean and organized code that can be shared and collaborated on with other team members
- Communicate openly with management on all matters that involve prospecting clients.
- Demonstrate a complete understanding of the company’s products and services.
- Adhere to all company policies, procedures and business ethics.
- Build trust, value others, communicate effectively, drive execution, foster innovation, focus on the customer, collaborate with others
KNOWLEDGE & SKILL REQUIREMENTS
- Experience developing custom WordPress themes and plugins
- Vast knowledge of PHP and MySQL
- Experience with build systems and automation tasks such as Gulp
- Working with responsive web design and modular/scalable CSS (SCSS, Flexbox).
- Some working experience with AngularJS and React is a big bonus
- Experience working with various REST APIs
- Experience working with version control systems such as GitHub and/or SVN
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Excellent problem solving and organization skills.
- Proven ability to meet deadlines.
- The role works within a dynamic office environment focused on the delivery of client projects in downtown Toronto
- Full-time hours with flexible Holidays