Position Title: Digital Project Manager
Reports To: President
Type: Full time
Location: Toronto, Ontario
Estimated Start Date: December 2018
Compensation: Full-time competitive salary based on experience
Trew Knowledge is a fast-paced, and rapidly growing digital marketing agency focused on world-class, innovative solutions for some of the world’s largest Brands. We specialize in WordPress and WordPress VIP development, digital strategy, UX/UI design.
The Digital Project Manager is accountable for managing Agency projects end-to-end using standard project management methodology. The projects are considered highly complex with multiple and inter-related deliverable’s requiring strong leadership and coordination. The role works in close partnership with Agency Leadership and other team members when defining scope, budgets, resources, timelines and deliverable’s for a wide range of client projects.
The ideal Digital Project Manager would have experience in delivering Digital and/or WordPress Projects end-to-end with a proven track record of successful launches. This person would also have strong organizational and team leadership skills with an ability to multi-task many complex activities at once. In addition, this person would have very strong communication skills to keep clients and internal teams informed and accountable.
- Work in close partnership with the leaders and team members to develop project plans in alignment with clients’ business requirements
- Apply project management principles, processes and tools to ensure the project plan and related work packages are executed on schedule, within budget and with quality
- Communicate project plan to team members ensuring a strong understanding of the scope, milestones, deliverable’s, accountabilities and time frames
- Monitor the completion of major milestones through strategy, design, development, testing, quality assurance and post launch support; and if necessary, reassign project priorities to maintain project schedule
- Prepare project status & burn reports for review by the leaders and project team members ensuring issues and risks are identified and providing corrective action as necessary
- Obtain senior management approval on all aspects of the project plan including actions required for problem resolution and/or mitigation of risks
- Incorporate project management standards in day-to-day business processes to support continuous improvement efforts and increase operational efficiency
- Play a leadership role when identifying/addressing the root cause of operational issues and contribute to team development as it relates to project management capability
KNOWLEDGE & SKILL REQUIREMENTS
- Proven work experience of at least 2-5 years as a Digital Project Manager or equivalent experience in delivering technically complex projects from an agency.
- Strong knowledge and understanding of WordPress CMS architecture including WordPress VIP platform an asset
- Strong knowledge and understanding of platforms such as Mailchimp, SalesForce, Marketo, Pardot, WooCommerce, Oracle, SAP, any cIAM, ERP’s or other CRM’s an asset
- Basic understanding of SEO, Google Analytics and WCAG 2.0 best practices an asset.
- University Degree and/or equivalent years of work experience with strong knowledge of project management principles, practices and procedures to effectively plan, organize, monitor and control projects
- Proficient in the use of Microsoft Office, Microsoft Project Professional and related project management tools. Project Management accreditation is an asset.
- Highly developed influential skills sufficient to resolve differences of opinion or approach, negotiate deliverable’s and maintain project schedules
- Strong leadership skills with an ability to achieve results through partnering and collaboration with other team members
- Strong organization and time management skills to ensure projects are executed as per the plan and in a timely and efficient manner
- Strong coaching skills to encourage, motivate and guide team members in learning effective project delivery methodology and techniques
- The role works within a dynamic office environment focused on the delivery of client projects in downtown Toronto
- Full time hours with flexible Holidays